Zen and Relationships
(The Secret Practice of Love)
"Everyone You Meet Is Your Teacher In What It Means To Love”
Discover How All Your Relationships Are Your Spiritual Practice, Day by Day
Sunday, February 13,
In our lively interactive workshop we will discover the Truth about Love, how real love never harms or wounds. If you’re suffering and confused in your relationship, that’s Counterfeit Love which has you in its grip. Once we see that, it's easy to break free of the pain.
In the workshop we also explore how Zen is truly the secret practice of love. We discover the simple laws of love, and see how they are operating wherever we go and with everyone we meet.
As we explore our own relationships, we learn how to apply these wonderful laws of love to all our interactions, moment by moment, day by day.
As we do so, upset, misunderstanding and hurt can be easily dissolved on the spot.
It is truly startling to realize how simple it is to be happy together, connected, and fulfilled.
Brenda is an author, speaker, long term Zen practitioner and psychologist who has offered many workshops which integrate Eastern and Western wisdom and make the teachings and practices real in our everyday lives.
Brenda offers a weekly podcast Zen Wisdom For Your Everyday Life,
Some of Her Books Include
Zen and The Art of Falling in Love
The Anger Diet
Zen Play (Instructions on Becoming Fully Alive)
and many more
Relationships As Spiritual Practice
GO TO HOME PAGE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKSHOP
A sliding scale is available, $20, or pay what you can.
Contact me about it at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone welcome. No one turned away.
THE SIMPLE LAWS OF LOVE
- There is never a lack of love. Love is available every moment, everywhere.
- When there seems to be a lack of love, it is only that you are keeping it away.
- Love is a choice. Chose to let love into your life.
- Perception is fatal. As you perceive, so shall you live. Are you a love finder or fault finder?
- Be aware of the difference between real and counterfeit love.
- There are no strangers. Just friends we have not yet met.
- Self centered thinking never brings any peace.
- Love someone totally, with no expectations.
- You don’t need other people’s love to fill you. You are love.
- As you give love you learn what you are.
- Love cannot be fought for. It must be welcomed and invited.
- Don’t open to get something. Just open.
- You draw to yourself whatever you feel personally worthy of.
- You will never receive from another more than you are willing to give yourselF
- There is a natural magnetism which selects for each what belongs to it.
- The battle is inner, nothing but a battle between the real and ideal person
- We create a mask to meet the masks of others and wonderful why we feel so alone
- Real generosity is a state of mind where one lets the other just be
- The natural is right. The easy is right. To be yourself is right. It's all you can be.